Christmas in Acworth & Kennesaw
Santa’s Arrival – Friday, December 1 – 5:30-8:30pm
NorthStar Church is excited to partner with the City of Acworth each year to make Santa’s Arrival the best Christmas event in town! Santa will be reaching downtown Acworth on Friday, December 1, 2017. around 6:30 p.m. There will be several live performances into the evening to help Santa kickoff the holiday season. Those in attendance can enjoy pictures with Santa, face painting, a petting zoo, train rides, and hot chocolate. And, don’t forget to visit Frana Brown Park, where you can peruse the beautiful Festival of Trees!
Santa Parade and Day with Santa @ Main Street (Kennesaw) – December 2 – 12:00pm-6:00pm
The City of Kennesaw will usher in the holiday season on Saturday, December 2 with a Main Street parade featuring marching bands, decorated floats, vintage cars, colorfully-costumed characters, and Santa Claus himself. The parade begins at noon near the intersection of Park Drive and Main Street, proceeding south and east down Main Street, turning at J.O. Stephenson Ave, then Dallas Street.
The celebration continues at Depot Park until 6 pm with A Day with Santa. Activities include a snow playground, inflatables and amusements, kid’s crafts, visits with Santa, stage entertainment, and a holiday market full of gift ideas and unique merchandise. Food vendors will be onsite.
Christmas in Acworth with Free Horse & Carriage Rides – December 2 & 9
The City of Acworth celebrates Christmas by inviting the community to come downtown December 2 and December 9. Santa will be stationed at the Plaza next to Acworth City Hall from 1:00-5:00pm both Saturdays, and will be available to pose for photos for FREE (please bring your own camera). Further, horse and carriage rides are offered for free on Saturday, December 9, departing from the Plaza.
Christmas Lights to See!
Who doesn’t love seeing fantastic light displays during the holidays? Here’s a short list of some of the places to check out or get photos this Christmas season:
- NorthStar Church – Gazebo and Bridge – Long a popular place for wedding, prom photos, and senior portaits, NorthStar Church’s covered bridge and gazebo will be trimmed with lights and Christmas décor throughout the month of December.
- Taylor Residence on Ben King Road – Kennesaw – located across the street from Gateway Church on Ben King Road, this sprawling magical light display is sure to put you in the Christmas spirit!
Other addresses to check out:
- Hrockin Hranicky Lights, 3848 Rivers Run Trace NW, Acworth, GA
- 1480 White Rose Ct., Kennesaw, GA 30152
- 1563 Boxwood Trace, Acworth, GA – 6pm-9m Sun-Thurs; 6pm-11pm Sunday
- 1662 Dogwood Lane, Acworth, GA
- 3699 Autumn View Drive, Acworth GA
- 5735 Fairwood Drive, Acworth, GA
Live Nativity Celebration – St. Teresa’s Episcopal Church, Acworth – Friday and Saturday, December 15-16
The entire community is invited to come out to this outdoor presentation to see and hear the Nativity Story. The presentation is offered every 30 minutes from 6:00pm til 9:00pm both nights, and includes complimentary refreshments, musical entertainment, and live animals.