WHO CAN PLAY
This is a men’s event, so we do ask that all participants are men. But, it’s not limited to only men who attend NorthStar Church. We’d love this event to build community within NorthStar Church, but also provide an opportunity for NorthStar guys to invite other men who don’t attend NorthStar.
FORMAT: MODIFIED SCRAMBLE
- All players will hit tee shots
- Team will select “best” tee shot to play
- Each player will play their own ball from the selected tee shot
- Team will record best NET score for each hole – handicap strokes factor in.
- Handicap will be required for each participant. If player does not have an official USGA Handicap Index, participant may list an approximate handicap (maximum is 36.0). Player handicaps will be adjusted based on modified scramble format – maximum allowed for event will be 18.0 (one stroke per hole).
TEE PACKAGE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING
- Chick-fil-A breakfast biscuits and coffee
- Full catered lunch following play (will be great meal provided by reputable restaurant)
- Complimentary soft drinks on course during play – water, Powerade, Coke products
- Long-sleeved ¼ zip embroidered pullover
- Stainless steel insulated tumbler
- Automatic entry into putting contest
- Raffle ticket for all prize drawings – more than $2,000 worth of gifts
- Mulligan package: 2 mulligans per player for the round
AWARDS AND PRIZES
- Low Net Team
- Long Drive Contest
- Closest to the Pin on all Par 3 Holes
- Putting Contest – held at the turn on the practice putting green in front of clubhouse
OPPORTUNITIES TO SUPPORT THE EVENT
- We are not looking for corporate or individual sponsors for this event; however, if you or your company would like to donate a prize – or purchase a prize – for the raffle drawing, we would love to speak with you!
- We will be partnering with our Community Ministry to provide filled NorthStar grocery bags for our Thanksgiving Act of Kindness to support Marietta Housing Authority. We will email you a shopping list, and instructions to pick up your shopping bag in October.
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
- If you would like to secure your team or individual spot in the event, please go ahead and submit payment. You may submit payment online with a credit card, or mail us a check.
- If sending a check, please make payable to NorthStar Church for $600 (team) or $150 per player. Please write “Men’s Golf Outing” on the FOR line on your check, or your payment will not be applied to the event.
- Team or individual registration must be submitted through the online form. Please wait to register your team until you have all players’ names, shirt sizes, and golf handicaps. We will need this information during the registration process. Deadline to submit this information is October 17.
- Please send any questions regarding the event to C.A. Phillips – [email protected].