NorthStar Church in Kennesaw, Ga. is seeking a FULL TIME Social Media Manager to maintain and grow our social presence and platforms. The Social Media Manager will oversee the social strategy for NorthStar Church as a whole, managing the church’s social platforms, with a primary focus on increasing engagement and reach.
Social Media Manager
NorthStar Church (Kennesaw, GA)
The Social Media Manager will help implement the visual brand of NorthStar Church through our social channels and convey how God is moving in our community, and through our ministries; Collaborate with our Creative Team and Communications Pastor to develop social media strategy and ensure alignment across ministries; Create new social marketing campaigns, build brand recognition, and manage all published content; Build a volunteer team to help execute the vision and mission of NorthStar Church on our social platforms; Monitor trends in social media, identify tools and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to create successful social media campaigns; Track campaign performance to evaluate possible need for adjustments, and provide weekly reports with actionable optimization recommendations; Plan paid social media marketing strategies and budgets. This role will also work directly with our Senior Pastor to develop social strategy and manage posts for a weekly leadership podcast.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Social Media content creation/ copy writing
- Working knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (video editing capability is a plus)
- Basic digital graphic design skills
- Social Media and Project Management software
- Social platform analytics (insights)
- Ability to manage multiple campaigns, tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Skilled in both oral and written communication, with experience in public speaking
- Ability to work independently, as well as thrive in a collaborative team environment
We are looking for an energetic, creative, and personable individual who is highly involved and passionate about community engagement.
Spiritually mature, strong communication skills, self-motivated, team-oriented, highly adaptable, self-aware, others-focused.
- Experience leading social media for an organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications/ Digital Media or related field is preferred.